Optimise learning through inquiry into practice. Through collaborative endeavour the course will involve a review and critical analysis of literature relating to a chosen research area that will provide the basis for inquiry and learning. It will include a critical evaluation of learning and implications for future practice.
This course is designed for professional practitioners and researchers endeavouring to demonstrate and enhance their skills and understanding of narrative inquiry into practice. By asking important questions related to your own practice, you’ll develop several skills, including writing as a method of inquiry, narrative inquiry, poetic inquiry and arts-based methods, with critical links to relevant theory. It is suitable for those who work in communities of learning in collaboration with others, for those seeking or holding positions of leadership, and/or for practitioners wanting to inquire into and enhance their own professional practice. Through the process of qualitative inquiry, you will critically evaluate an area of interest to identify and critique implications for future practice.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Build expertise in an area of professional interest.
- Articulate and critique theoretical perspectives regarding the selected area of inquiry.
- Demonstrate a critical and informed understanding of narrative inquiry.
- Conduct a credible qualitative inquiry.
- Critically evaluate an area of interest throughout the process of inquiry.
- Identify and critique implications for practice.
Currently scheduled classes
2020 Epsom (Semester 1): Compulsory block intensive on campus teaching on Saturdays, 29 February and 20 April from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Take this course
This course can be taken as a taught course in the following programmes:
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching) (Honours)
- Master of Counselling
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Theory
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Master of Educational Leadership
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership
- Master of Education
- Master of Professional Studies in Education
Recommended courses to take with this one
|Course code||Course name||Semester/Campus|
|EDPROF 724||Developing Communities of Learning||2020 Online (Semester 2)|