Optimise learning through inquiry into practice. Through collaborative endeavour the course will involve a review and critical analysis of literature relating to a chosen research area that will provide the basis for inquiry and learning. It will include a critical evaluation of learning and implications for future practice.
This course is ideal for professional practitioners endeavouring to demonstrate and enhance their understanding of inquiry into practice. It is suitable for those who work in communities of learning in collaboration with others, for those seeking, or currently hold, positions of leadership, and/or for practitioners wanting to inquire into and enhance their own professional practice. You will be able to ask important questions related explicitly to your own practice and learn strategies to articulate and critique theoretical perspectives regarding selected areas of inquiry. Through the process of inquiry you will critically evaluate your learning to identify and critique implications for future practice.
At the completion of this course, it is intended that students will be able to:
- Demonstrate you have moved beyond curiosity and hunch to inquire into and build expertise in an area of professional interest.
- Articulate and critique theoretical perspectives regarding the selected area of inquiry.
- Demonstrate a critical and informed understanding of action research.
- Conduct a credible action research inquiry within the area selected.
- Critically evaluate learning throughout the process of inquiry.
- Identify and critique Implications for practice.
Currently scheduled classes
2020 Epsom (Semester 1): Compulsory block intensive on campus teaching on Saturdays, 29 February and 20 April from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Take this course
This course can be taken as a taught course in the following programmes:
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching) (Honours)
- Master of Counselling
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Theory
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Master of Educational Leadership
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership
- Master of Education
- Master of Professional Studies in Education
Recommended courses to take with this one
|Course code||Course name||Semester/Campus|
|EDPROF 724||Developing Communities of Learning||2020 Online (Semester 2)|